I love Christmas. I also really love the State Fair. As I was browsing the fairgrounds yesterday, I realized that the two events are really similar.
- They both come but once a year, thus the appeal.
- They are magical and hold an atmosphere of possibility and adventure.
- They both include foods that are NOT good for you but you eat them anyway. And you like it.
- Both events hold an appeal for everyone, it is not just for one race, gender or class.
- They both have workers that make it all happen. At Christmas, it’s the North Pole elves and Santa’s helpers. At the fair, it’s carnies.
- Both cause children to cry in a fit of frustration. Mostly because of sugar crashes.
- Christmas and the fair inspire crafts and homemade candies/cookies/breads.
- Both have movies dedicated to the experience.